Terms and Conditions:
For any policies not covered below, Philly InMovement has the right to use discretion. Policies are subject to change.
- The Basics
- WHAT TO WEAR: All students must be barefoot during class. Boys or girls may wear tucked in T-shirts or fitted tank tops and athletic pants or shorts. Leotards are also acceptable. Hair should be pulled neatly and securely away from the face so that is stays up for the entire workout. Refrain from wearing bows or other large hair ornaments that may cause discomfort during activity. Personal items should be left in cubby holes. Jewelry should not be worn during classes and should be left at home. Philly InMovement’s staff will not be responsible for ANY items that may be lost or stolen. Be sure your student’s personal items are marked with their name.
- WHAT TO BRING: Please send a labeled water bottle with your student. We have water fountains available on both floors of the gym.
- WHAT NOT TO BRING: Footed tights, chewing gum, and food. No food or chewing gum is permitted in the gym area!
- Arrival and Classes/Sessions
- ARRIVAL: Be sure your student arrives 5 minutes before (no earlier please) their scheduled class time. Check in with staff at the front desk. Place all belongings in a cubby and wait with your student until class begins. The music will turn on and/or students will be called into the gym when it is time for class. There is a bathroom located on the first and second floor if students needs to change.
- STROLLERS: Please be mindful of strollers. If lobby is overcrowded you may be asked to leave it outside. You can ask the front desk for the lock code.
- MOVE AFTER-SCHOOL PICKUP CHANGES: Please notify us with a call or email if your student will not need pick up for any reason.
- CLASS START TIME POLICY: Please be punctual for classes. For classes lasting between 45 minutes and 1 hour, students will not be admitted if they are more than 10 minutes late. For classes lasting between 1.5 hour and 2 hours, students will not be admitted if they are more than 20 minutes late.
- PARENT/CHILD CLASSES: Please ACTIVELY stay with your student in gym area and help enforce Philly InMovement gym rules. Please encourage your student to explore tricks and activities in the gym. We ask that you leave all cell phones in the lobby during class to help us keep your student safe. The best time to take pictures is during free play, before circle time. Siblings under 12 months may accompany a parent as long as they remain in their swaddle, sling, stroller, or carrier. Older siblings may sit in the waiting area during class if they are able to play quietly. Non-registered siblings are not permitted to join class.
- DROP-OFF CLASSES: For drop-off classes, we encourage parents to leave during class time to minimize distraction. If you prefer to stick around, we ask you to please stay in the lobby and not enter the gym area during all parts of class (including the first few minutes of free-time). We will often close the curtains to keep them focused on the teacher and gym activities. We ask that you try to limit your interactions with your student while they are in class so that we can keep them on task. For parents who work out at Sweat, please help us keep our students focused by resisting the urge to look through the Sweat door! We do have observations at the end of each session where you will get to see what the students have learned. If you think drop-off will be an issue, please contact us prior to start of class.
- EARLY YEARS OPEN PLAY SESSIONS: These are 45 minutes and are first come, first served. If we are full you may be turned away or asked to wait until someone else finishes their session. When you arrive please check in at front desk and you will be asked to wear sticker with your end time so we can keep track. If there is no one waiting and you want to continue past the 45 minutes, just go back to front desk and check back in for another visit. Members may stay at open play longer than 45 minutes provided they check back in at the front desk and no one is waiting. Please stay with your student and pay attention to them at all times for safety. A monitor is always there if you have any questions or need help.
- PICK-UP: Please pick up your student on time for any drop-off activity. If you are running late please call or email us to let us know. If necessary, leave a voicemail. After 10 minutes past pick-up time, Philly InMovement will charge $10 plus $1 every minute thereafter.
- SAFETY MEASURES: Instruct your student to wait inside the building. An adult must escort them from the building, unless we have written permission prior to the end of a class allowing a student to leave the building themselves. If your student is being picked up or going home with someone other than yourself, we ask that you send an email or let us know when you drop off. Please ensure that any person picking up your student carries photo identification; we reserve the right to confirm the identity of a person unknown to us when they pick up your student.
PAYMENTS: We accept payments via electronic means, including credit card and bank account draft (ACH). Any payments are due in advance, and by providing us with your accurate payment information, you agree to any and all payment terms.
- For Classes and Move After School sessions, we require at least thirty (30) days’ advance written notice before billing is cancelled.
- For Summer Camp, we require a twenty-five percent (25%) advance deposit for the entire session for which your student registers. The balance must be paid in full by June 1 – if you do not arrange for alternative payment methods, we will charge the balance to your card on file. If you have cancelled that card between the time of the deposit and the time the balance is due, and you do not otherwise pay on time, that deposit will be non-refundable and your student’s spot will not be reserved.
- For Open Play Sessions or Private Lessons, any payments are due immediately. If you prepay for open play sessions or private lessons and wish to cancel, see the Scheduling and Cancellation section below.
- REFUND POLICY FOR CLASS AND MOVE AFTER SCHOOL: If you cancel an enrollment 30 days or more prior to start of the session, a refund will be given in full. After that time or any time during the session, refunds to InMovement account will be made minus a 10% of total tuition for session CANCELLATION FEE. If 30 days’ notice or more is given the 10% fee will be waived.
- REFUND POLICY FOR SUMMER CAMP: All cancellations will be charged a $50 per week, per student, as a cancellation fee. If you provide notice of 48 hours or less for that week, a refund will not be given.
- REFUND POLICY FOR PREPAID OPEN PLAY SESSIONS OR PRIVATE LESSONS: Prepayments for open play sessions or private lessons will be placed into your Philly InMovement account, and we will draw down on the account as needed. If you cancel prior to all prepaid sessions being used, see the Scheduling and Cancellation section below.
- REFUND POLICY EXCEPTIONS: Exceptions can be made to our cancellation policy at Philly InMovement’s discretion. Contact the office for more information.
- Scheduling and Cancellation
- MAKING UP MISSED CLASSES: You may make up any missed classes with an open play session. Classes cannot be made up by rescheduling to attend another class (exceptions for Gym 2 and Gym 3 students will be made if space permits; contact our office for more information). All make-up classes must be completed within the current session.
- PRIVATE LESSON CANCELLATIONS: At least 5 hours notice is required when cancelling a scheduled private lesson or a $40 late cancellation fee will be charged.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: Weather cancellations are posted on the website and on Philly InMovement’s voicemail (267-239-0844). Weather-related cancellations are not refunded but can be made up with an open play session.
- ILLNESS: If your student has a fever or is visibly sick, please help the other students and teachers stay healthy by keeping your student home. We reserve the right to send a student home who exhibits a fever or other symptoms of illness. If your student is ill, and you tell us, we will allow you to make up missed classes with an open play session. However, if you send your student in and they are sick, and we must send them home, it will count toward a class attended and cannot be made up later.
- CANCELLATIONS: PARENTS MUST NOTIFY PHILLY INMOVEMENT IN WRITING TO DROP A STUDENT FROM ANY CLASS, INCLUDING SUMMER CAMP. Only a written notice via email, U.S. mail, postage prepaid, or hand delivered to our front desk will be acceptable. We cannot rely upon students’ statements to us that they will be cancelling classes. For classes or MOVE After School sessions, we require thirty (30) days’ advance notice to cancel automatic billing.
- FORCE MAJEURE: Philly InMovement is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of program substitutions, alterations, or cancellations due to weather, natural disasters, acts of God, epidemics, unforeseen occurrences, or any other event that renders entering our studios and holding our programs impracticable, illegal or impossible. Philly InMovement is not able to refund students for cancelled classes, clinics, camps, events, parties, open plays or any other program due to unforeseen circumstances such as these. We will make all reasonable effort to replace by arranging an alternative date(s) but this cannot be guaranteed. Contact our office for more information regarding rescheduling.
- JURISDICTION AND VENUE: If there is a dispute about anything in these Terms and Conditions, Pennsylvania law applies to the interpretation of these Terms, and the Courts in and pertaining to Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania shall have jurisdiction to decide any dispute.
- BILLING DISPUTES: If you dispute a charge through your financial institution this will constitute a breach of contract possibly resulting in, but not limited to, penalties, additional fees, collection, legal action, and/or termination of any and/or all current and future services.
- SUPERSEDE AND AMEND: These Terms and Conditions supersede and amend any prior versions of the Terms and Conditions, and govern any and all prior understandings otherwise in these Terms and Conditions.
- INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE: These Terms and Conditions incorporate by reference our Payment Policy and Liability Waiver.