Team Summer Camp at Bok
Team Camp is open to our Fast Track and Competitive Team Gymnasts. If you are interested in our Team Camp, but are from another gym or might be interested but are unsure if it’s a good fit for your skill level please fill out this Competitive Interest Questionnaire or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you!
We have three options: 5 days a week for $400, 3 days (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) for $270, or 2 days (Tuesday and Thursdays) for $200. There are 16 spots available each day, first come first serve.
July 13 – August 28th, Monday – Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm
|9:00am – 3:00pm||9:00am – 3:00pm|
|9:00am – 3:00pm||9:00am – 3:00pm||9:00am – 3:00pm|
|9:00am – 3:00pm||9:00am – 3:00pm||9:00am – 3:00pm||9:00am – 3:00pm||9:00am – 3:00pm|
Note: this will not be 6 hours of intense gymnastics practice! This is a camp with other activities and breaks built into the day. We will gradually be easing gymnasts back into the sport with a focus of safety, building muscle, and getting skills back over time always erring on the side of caution.
We are offering our Team Summer Camp at The Bok Building! Updated picture of our set up coming soon!
- Vault padded runway, Vault Trainer Table, Vault Resi, spring boards
- Uneven bars, kid size uneven bars, and kids single bar
- High beam (half as long), low beam (full length), floor beam
- Moonbounce airtrack, tumbling airtracks, padded floor (no springs)
- Landing mats and padding and various blocks and equipment for drills
- The opportunity to spread out significantly more than our Queen Village or Bella Vista location!
A few notes: the Bok building does NOT have AC, but we will be providing industrial-sized fans and carefully monitoring the heat index. Additionally, gymnasts will need to leave the gym and cross a hallway to use the bathroom – for safety, a coach will escort them with a small group.
1901 S 9th St
Philadelphia, PA 19148
● They cleaned all HVAC and window AC unit filters, and will be doing a second round at the end of the summer.
● They’ve increased the daily cleaning regimen of bathrooms, entryways, stairwells, and elevators, and have sourced CDC recommended sanitation products.
● They will be keeping windows open in hallways, stairwells, and other common areas for airflow.
● They are providing PPE for all staff.
● They’re providing sanitizer stations at all entryways and each elevator / stair landing with hand sanitizer, paper towels, and spray cleaner.
● They’re making as many trash receptacles as possible no-touch by removing lids.
● They’re posting a lot of signs! These signs include when they last cleaned the entryways, elevators, stairs, and bathrooms in addition to signage for maintaining social distancing, directional signs to help with navigation, and Covid-19 information.
● They’ve trained all their maintenance team on PPE guidelines and health procedures, and they have a formally OSHA COVID certified member on staff.
● Face masks are required in all common spaces including the hallways, common bathrooms, utility rooms, etc.
● As of right now, masks will be required at all times. If your child feels that they need a break, they may move to an isolated area of the gym near a window and take off their mask.
- Make sure your gymnast has a well-fitted mask before coming to camp!
● Gymnasts may store their personal items (shoes, snacks, lunch, extra clothes, etc.) in a designated area of the bleachers.
● Once inside the building, there is a designated entry and exit into the gym to allow for flow and minimize congestion.
● Hand sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the gym. Gymnasts and staff will need to sanitize before & after any contact with skin / hair.
● Each staff member will have a bum bag equipped with hand sanitizer, gloves, and extra masks.
● Social distancing will be strictly enforced:
- Stations will be set up at least 8 ft. apart.
- There will be designated spots marked on the floor for waiting in line.
- Personal items will be appropriately spread out amongst the bleachers.
- Lunchtime and snack will be socially distant and outside when possible.
● Gymnasts can be dropped off at the 8th St. Bok Building entrance (at the crossroads of Hoffman St. & 8th St).
- Click HERE to see the drop-off point on the map.
● Parents / caregivers will be required to fill out a COVID screening questionnaire every day before dropping off gymnasts.
- This questionnaire serves two purposes – it keeps potential COVID cases out of the building, and in the worst-case scenario, it would allow us to easily track who has come into contact with whom.
- We are currently in communication with a health care provider to establish an emergency contingency plan – stay tuned for more information.
- You can see the COVID screening questionnaire HERE.
- If you do not fill out the questionnaire before your gymnast arrives at the building, a coach will go through it with them before they are allowed in. Please help us avoid this option!
● We will be doing a non-contact temperature check for each gymnast before they come into the building! Any gymnast with a temperature of over 100.4 will be asked to stay home for the day and will not be able to return until they have written clearance from their health care provider.
- Parents / caregivers – please do NOT leave (especially driving off!) until after the temperature check!
● Once gymnasts enter the gym, they will leave their shoes by the entrance, and head upstairs put their personal belongings in a designated taped off and socially distanced area in the bleachers.
- They will be sanitizing feet before they head up and once they come back down before heading to the equipment.
● Coaches will wipe down any mats and/or equipment used between groups and allow the recommended time for disinfectant solutions to dry.
● High-touch areas such as doorknobs and stair railings will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- After drop off.
- Before & after morning snack.
- Before & after lunch.
- Before & after afternoon snack
- At the end of the day
● Gymnasts will be required to sanitize hands and feet before each event.
- Please let us know if your child has any allergies, or if you would prefer they use their own sanitizer, as opposed to the generic one we will
● The bathroom is located directly across the hallway from the gym. Bathroom breaks will be regularly scheduled, and gymnasts will go in groups escorted by an adult. If anyone needs to use the restroom outside of a scheduled break time, they will be accompanied by an adult and a fellow gymnast.
● Every other bathroom stall is blocked off to encourage social distancing.
● We will be using every other bathroom sink.
● It’s going to be hot! There is NO AC in this part of the building. However, we will open the windows and have industrial fans set up to provide air circulation.
● We will remind gymnasts to stay well hydrated, and take a 10-minute recovery break after roughly every 30 minutes of activity.
● It’s important to note that all of the gymnastics will be happening in the cooler morning hours!
● Gymnasts need to bring their own clearly labeled water bottles. There is a bottle refill station right next to the bathroom.
● Gymnasts will have a morning and afternoon snack break, along with lunchtime.
● Before each snack time, we will move to the bathroom in small groups, wash hands, and return to the designated snack area to eat.
● After snack, we will sanitize, re-mask, and return to activity.
● Eating will be done outside whenever possible. Outdoor areas include directly outside the building, Dickinson Square, Weinberg Park, Mifflin Square and The Singing Fountain. No place will be more than a 15 minute walk.
- If the area is too crowded to allow for social distancing, we will leave.
Parents / caregivers will need to come to the 8th St. entrance (you may pull up within eyesight or physically come up to the door). A coach will be stationed outside. Please inform the coach who you’re picking up, and they will take care of the rest!
Note – this procedure may be subject to change.
At the end of each day, staff will do a rigorous deep clean of the gym. If you’re interested in seeing specifics, please refer to the ‘Bok Deep Cleaning Procedures’ attachment.
● Unfortunately, there are no parking lots at Bok. Street parking is limited, so plan ahead! You may also park in the Southwark School parking lot – at your own risk!
● As long as you have filled out the Covid-19 Screening Questionaire before arrival, dropping off your gymnast and doing the temperature check should take fewer than 60 seconds.
We are asking for families to register for all weeks their gymnast(s) will be attending camp up front with a 50% deposit by July 10th and the remaining balance being due by August 1st. Payment plans can be arranged upon request. If there’s space, you may add additional camp weeks later on, but we’re asking upfront so we can better plan! We are also asking for you to sign up for 3 weeks in a row at a time to minimize exposure and to keep the same groups during camp as much as possible. However please let us know if this creates any problems to having you sign up.