Summer Camp FAQ
What are the hours of camp?
- Summer Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 3:30pm.
- Full Day Kinder Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 3:00pm, Half Day Kinder Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Campers must be signed in and out daily.
- Campers are only released to parents or guardians authorized for pick up on camp health form.
Do you offer extended care hours?
- Yes! Preregistration is required.
- Before Care: 8:00am, $35 per week
- After Care: ‘till 5:30pm, $75 per week
Can I sign up for single days of extended care?
- We allow for single day sign ups on a first come first served basis
- Before Care: $10 per day
- After Care: $20 per day
What should my child bring to camp?
- Snacks & Lunch: each camper will need his or her own energy-packed nutritious lunch. Please refrain from packing junk-food and high sugar foods, as this is not long-lasting fuel for an exercise filled day. There is NO refrigerator available to store lunches
- Practice clothes (gym-shorts and T-shirt or leotard, tights are okay if footless)
- Change of clothing (including underwear, socks etc.)
- Sturdy shoes that they can slip on easily are preferred (e.g. crocs or something appropriate for playground and water play)
- Bathing suit & towel
- Sun block & sun hat
- Please do not send any toys or equipment with your child. Jewelry is not allowed in the studio. Earrings must be studs or similar. Hair needs to be pulled back for safety reasons. InMovement is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
Does the camp leave InMovement during the day?
Throughout the week, we do outdoor play and water activities around our facility.
- For lunch and outdoor activities
- School-Aged Campers typically walk to Starr Garden Playgroundat 6th and Lombard, or Weccacoe Playground at 4th and Catherine.
- Kinder Campers typically walk to the Seger Park at 10th and Lombard, or Palumbo Park at 7th and Catherine.
- Friday Trip
- On Fridays School-Aged Campers go to the 2nd & Reed Water Park or 4th and Washington Pool via Septa Bus. A permission form is signed at the beginning of the week.
What happens at the end of the week?
- Every Friday, beginning promptly at 3:30pm, School-Aged campers put on an informal show displaying what the campers have learned during the week. Families are encouraged to attend.
Except for emergency medication such as an EpiPen, Benadryl or asthma medication, the staff at InMovement does not give campers prescription or non prescription medication. InMovement does not permit campers to self-administer medication. What if my child requires emergency medication?
- Fill out our health form.
- Please notify InMovement staff of your child’s needs.
- Make sure medication and instructions are given to InMovement Staff on the first day.
What happens if my child becomes ill during the day?
- Parents will be notified and expected to arrange for alternative care.
What is your refund policy?
- After May 25, 2018 all cancellation refunds will be refunded to the camper’s InMovement account minus a $50 inconvenience fee.
- There is no refund if cancellation is within 48 hours prior to their camp session. There are no exceptions.
- No refund will be made for a camper who withdraws at any time after arriving at camp.
- There is no reduction or refund of fees for missed days, late arrival or early departure.
- We reserve the right to dismiss, without refund, any camper whose conduct, in our sole discretion, is detrimental to the camp or to other campers.
- InMovement reserves the right to cancel a camp week and return tuition with 3 weeks notice.